Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Note: Episodes 1-14 happened before we changed to a Traveller-only show. In those episodes we discuss some other RPGs. As time went on we realized we were really a Traveller-only podcast, and in Episode 15 officially made the switch. You will find lots of Traveller talk in 1-14. Just be aware.
After a month of work and vacation, we’re back!
This episode is all about Traveller, specifically Classic Traveller and Cepheus Engine stuff. It’s also the debut of SAFCO Mail Bag, in which we respond to comments and email we’ve gotten.
As always, comment here, on Bob’s gaming blog (where this show is embedded), or email us at SAFCOmailbag@gmail.com.
Links to stuff in the show:
- Traveller Session Report about the game session we discuss, from our Into the Void campaign.
- Gypsy Knights Games – where you can find all the Clement Sector rulebooks, including the Core Rulebook and the Core Setting book. Fantastic stuff!
- Cepheus Engine – the core rulebook for “Traveller with the serial numbers filed off.” Very compatible with Classic Traveller, and like the Clement Sector stuff a great source of usable modern updates to the classic system.
- Cepheus Engine Vehicle Design System
- SAFCO Simple RPG Vehicular Combat Framework pdf – used in our games when fun and speed are important, but we don’t want to use heavy, complex systems. Intended to be very cinematic.
- Traveller 5 dot 10 Kickstarter. Funding is over, and we await the hardcover books. PDFs have been sent to Kickstarter backers. Not yet available on Far Future Enterprises, Marc Miller’s website.
- Lone Star Game Expo
- Madness Games & Comics – our home away from home
- Speculative Machines Podcast, by Trent Straughan, creator of our theme music, Mechanimism.
- Behind the Claw, the podcast about Classic Traveller, by Felbrigg Herriot.
- Awesome Grav Bike Rider image courtesy of Robert Pearce’s Yet Another Traveller Blog.